Monday, July 24, 2006

please remember polly pocket

This is a very special toy to my heart. My grandma would give me Polly Pockets to celebrate milestones. Maybe for my baptism or birthday...certainly for winning the spelling bee. My favorite of all the Polly Pockets I had (which was probably two) was the seafoam green seashell-shaped compact that opened up into a waterpark that you could put real water in. Contemporary Polly Pockets are completely un-pocket-size, and it's been decided they would be more aptly called: "Polly Purses," "Polly Carry-ons," or "Polly Car Trunks".

4 comments:

  1. i had the very one...still do, in fact. and don't even get me started on these new girls' "real" hair or "changeable" clothing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! Why are they so huge now?!

    I had the PPPS. (Polly Pocket Pet Store.) Or maybe it was a vet's office. Who knows. My niece still plays with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I knew Polly Pocket could get people riled up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a Polly Pocket that folded out into a house. I think I used a small pebble for Polly's boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete