Tuesday, January 23, 2007

please remember the 49th street galleria

I mostly remember the exterior architecture of this Murray, Utah wonderland. It was like a futuristic, space-age castle. Inside it had everything a family entertainment center could need: rides, go-karts, air hockey, a bowling alley, skating, miniature golf, some sort of baseball, and probably way more that I can't think of. I remember it being so big and so cool that figured I could never fully utilize all it had to offer. I guess that came true, because now it's a huge buffet.

I also remember wanting desperately to go a Crystal Gale concert there because it was happening exactly on my fourth or fifth birthday, but then again that may have had nothing to do with the 49th Street Galleria.

6 comments:

  1. I'm begging you to remember the centrifuge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember! It became the Fun Dome for a while. I went there and was in a nintendo competition as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a 49th Street Pavillion token in the change cache when i cashed in my loose change at the bank yesterday in Philadelphia, PA!
    I thought it might be an old Philly arcade...but wow! Utah? awesome! email me at bethdeluca@hotmail.com if anyone wants me to mail it to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 49th Street Galleria DID exist in Philadelphia. It used to be where the Burlington Coat factory now occupies in the Franklin MIlls Mall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You never know what the future holds

    ReplyDelete